Recipe for 8 balls
- 600 g minced pork/beef (the ideal mix is 70% beef - 30% pork)
- 2 eggs
- 100ml of milk
- 70 g finely chopped onions
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 75g butter
- Mix the minced meat with the eggs and milk.
- Add the onions and breadcrumbs.
- Knead to obtain a homogeneous preparation.
- Make the 8 balls by hand
- Traditional method: immerse the meatballs in beef fat at 160 degrees, for about 15 minutes.
- Alternative method: cook the meatballs in a sauté pan with a good foaming butter for 5-6 minutes.
Rabbit sauce recipe
- 70g onions
- 50g sugar
- 50ml white vinegar
- 300g Cork Syrup
- 2 bay leaves
- 700 ml lukewarm water
- 100g white roux (50g butter - 50g flour)
- Fry the onions with the sugar until lightly caramelized (+-3min)
- Add the vinegar and cook for 2-3 min
- Add the Liège syrup
- Add lukewarm water
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat
- Cook for 30-35 minutes
- Add the white roux
- Dip the meatballs in the sauce to finish cooking them.
Serve warm with good homemade fries!