- 250 g of soft butter
- 125 g of powdered sugar
- 1 egg 🥚
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 400 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Whole almonds 🌰 (for the nails)
- Strawberry or raspberry jam 🍓 (for the blood)
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) 🔥.
- Take small portions of dough and shape them into fingers. Ensure they're not too thick so they resemble skinny witch fingers.
- Place a whole almond at one end of each "finger" to represent the nail.
- With a knife, make small cuts to represent the folds of the joints.
- Place the fingers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then gently remove the almond, put some jam in its place to simulate blood, and replace the almond.
- Serve your witch fingers with other Halloween treats 🍬.
Enjoy and happy Halloween! 🦇🎉